I had a major realization a few weeks ago while we were away: fear can be our friend.
Fear doesn’t have to be a horrible thing. It can actually be a key indicator, a helpful director, towards pursuing our most powerful goals yet.
I had this major realization one day while walking Jackson along the seafront on the Isle of Wight.
It was five years ago, the year before Jackson was born, that I first wrote a 10 year vision for my life that included traveling internationally; not just to England annually, but to other countries as well. That vision clearly detailed that, with our son, we would explore and experience the world together and show him what's out there.
This vision included having the freedom—financially and in our careers—to do so. I also wrote clear goals to support reaching that vision: goals that broke down how we were going to reach that vision as individuals and as a family.
This is significant for multiple reasons:
- It's only been 5 years—not 10 years—and the vision is coming to life! We've created this reality in half the time!
- It has required moving through fear, worry, and doubt over and over and over again.
- When I became present to how far we've come...how far I’ve come...and how amazing life is, I remembered—as I often do—just how freakin' worth it it all is.
- When I wrote that vision I had NO IDEA how it would happen. I was scared, actually terrified, because I knew that to create what I was declaring I would have to give up parts of my current life. I would have to let go of things that were no longer serving me. I would have to say NO.
Here’s what I did know...I knew that I was a HELL YES for this reality and nothing would stop me from living my life to the fullest.
On the other side of fear is such beauty.
Anything is possible. This isn't a cheesy inspirational quote.
Reality is: you create what you want; you define what success looks like.
- If you want to have freedom and flexibility - great. Create it.
- If you want a quiet farm and that's your bliss - great. Find it.
- If you want to make 30k per month - great. Create it.
- If you want to run a non-profit in another country - great. Go do the work.
- If you want to start a company and people think you are crazy - great. Start it.
- If you want to have a second home for your family - great. Seek it out.
- If you want to live on the water, in the mountains or in Europe - great. Live there.
All that matters is that you declare it with purpose.
WRITE it down,
READ it daily,
Take inspired ACTION daily towards your goals.
You will contribute beyond what you imagined possible and you will receive all that you ever wanted - and more.