Exactly a year ago today, I was running SoulPowered offline.
It grew by referrals — only. I had no website. No business cards. No promotional materials. No photo shoots (actually, not a single photo of myself in the house!). No social media accounts. In fact, I had never logged into Twitter...ever. I was an entrepreneur; clearly not a tech-genius and a bit behind the times for 2014.
I arrived at Whole Foods for a lunch break that day, ready to hit the salad bar. As I got out of my car, I glanced down at my phone and saw an email from the Founder and Editor of a national magazine inviting me to be featured in the next print issue!
The email read “Please send me your copy for the article, your high resolution images, your website URL……by MONDAY.” As I stood in the parking lot of Whole Foods reading her note, two things happened.
- First, I had a complete adrenaline rush course through my body (did you know that fear and excitement in the body really feel the same?). In that moment, that nanosecond, I knew it was time to play a bigger game – that things were about to change.
- My next thought a millisecond later was “Oh my F*#%ING GOD. What am I going to do?!? Monday is only 6 days away!"
Now, remember: I had no website. I had no copy. I had no social media accounts. I had not a single photo of myself.
Here is what I did.
I created like I had never created before. I recognized there was a door opening and I had a choice to walk through it with complete power and conviction or let it close and hold myself and my life back. I CHOSE to walk through that door and own it.
Sure, the thoughts every moment of each day until that deadline that crept in were intense:
- What if I couldn’t pull it off?
- What if everything up until this point had been a fluke?
Amidst all the brain chatter, I knew this had to work; it was going to work, I wasn’t going to let it not!
A year later, I’m so grateful I made the leap and followed what my heart knew to do.
It knew what to do even when I was scared and questioning if I really had what it takes.
Your heart knows, too. Trust it and listen.
Since that day in the Whole Foods parking lot one year ago, my life is completely different. I feel so much more confident, at ease and fulfilled. I have taken countless risks, researched, experimented, explored and discovered.
I also have had the opportunity to:
- Travel to LA, San Francisco, Scottsdale ,Portland, Vancouver BC, Rome, Florence, Italy, and Maui, when I want for what I want…and next up is a vacation to England!
- Go from working alone in a panic to surrounding myself with other brilliant and talented women to bring my vision to life and serve my clients and make the impact on our communities and in the world that we desire.
- Build a thriving six figure business that is scaling for its next level of growth and giving back.
- Become a contributing writer for the Huffington Post and a Guest Blogger for several other publications and blogs.
- Invest in a high-level mentorship program to support me to reach my goals.
- Make amazing friends who live across the world who really get me, and I them. :)
- Create new opportunities and change in the world through the vehicle of entrepreneurialism. It’s a beautiful thing
Just reading this it almost doesn’t seem real; that my life can be SO different to what it was a year ago. But it is and so can yours.
I want you to know something.
You deserve to live a life full of fun, excitement and adventure.
You deserve to live out your potential, to feel fulfilled in the work you are doing. Don’t settle for anything less.
Trust me, it does takes commitment and work. AND, the momentary discomfort of signing up to work with a coach, learning to be a leader, learning business structures, marketing techniques, pressing publish on your website or hosting a sales conversation with a potential client is WAY less uncomfortable than a life full of frustration from not living out your purpose.
It’s time to make your leap, lovely. Take this email as the sign you have been waiting for.
You got this!
P.S. If you are ready to stop playing small, fully embrace your unique purpose and transform your life and business, then I invite you to apply for a complimentary Discovery Call.
I have a variety of different programs depending on where you are in your business and would love to speak to you about which one is right for you!